Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fun with friends

I know you will all be shocked to hear, but after our first week of going to nursery me, Austin, and Zack have all been sick. So because we didn't want to get baby Henry sick we weren't able to go to the barbecue and swimming party at my parent's last Saturday for Founder's Day so we bought the boys a swimming pool. They have loved it! It's nice because they can get in and out of it themselves and it was great entertainment while we were doing some yard work (one of us was watching them the whole time, they weren't swimming unattended).


Some of our best friends Ryan, Katie, and Josh are here visiting from New York so we had them over for dinner and swimming on Monday. It's been so great to see them again and to see Josh and our boys interact. We are so sad they are going back on Saturday!

Austin and Josh both really wanted to play with the hose, they weren't very sure of each other (I'm sure Austin was thinking oh great another kid to steal my toys).


I think they had fun despite the constant fight over balls.


Don't they look like they are conspiring to do something? Josh was pretty funny at first acting like wow I've never been in here with other kids. Although he was being a bad example to our boys getting them to stand in the tub, we'll still let him play with our kids. :)


Last night we went to Kayla and Brandon's house for a fun little party with our friends. It was so great to get together and just talk and see all of our cute kids together. We know we are very blessed to have such great high school friends and we're glad that most of us have stayed in touch. We love you guys and we missed those of you who weren't able to come!

13 comments:

Steve said...

Why aren't you in that picture?

Steve said...

Wow you are. I like your new fro.

Heidi said...

I am, I'm right in between Aaron and Christy.

Heidi said...

I like your hair! looks good.

Millers said...

Hey guys I wish I could have been there with you it looks like you had a great time. I haven't seen you guys forever. Can we plan something when we get back at the end of august I would love to get everyone together again.

Millers said...

hi

Lori said...

i'm so sad i couldn't come! christmas it is! i love your hair!! i love it!

Malinda said...

Okay, so I was totally starting to write "why aren't you in that picture?" and then I read the other comments. Is that really you? I keep looking and I still can't decide.

I'm so glad you clarified that you didn't let your boys swim unattended. I can just imagine what you are thinking of me after our swimming pool conversation an hour ago. Please don't call DCFS. :)

Erika said...

Cute hair! It looks great. That looks like it was really fun.

Katie said...

No more parties until we can be there. Christmas it is!

Katie said...

It's been so much fun being down in Utah....makes it hard to go back. We love you guys!

Ashley said...

So sad we missed it, we just felt like we couldn't NOT go to the temple (it had been a while for us, oops) Looks like you had fun!

The Killer Bunch said...

Heidi thanks for all you do. If it weren't for you and your determination and patience, I don't think we would stay in contact like we have. You're great.