Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend

We had a great conference weekend. On Saturday I rode Frontrunner (not impressed!) up to my mom's where we had a fun filled girl's day. While watching the morning and afternoon sessions we all worked on our own sewing and painting projects and ate, ate, ate. My mom made us yummy BLT sandwiches with fresh basil for lunch and for dinner me and Michelle made grilled pizza. I almost got my Christmas tree skirt finished that I've been working on for two years and I started crocheting a blanket for one of my kids.

This is all I have gotten done after probably at least 6-7 hours, they take forever!


I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera so I didn't get a picture until Aaron brought it up that night before the priesthood session and by then Cheri, Angie, and Mandy had left so I don't have any pictures of them.


Thanks for the great day ladies!!

On Sunday we enjoyed a lazy day at home and that night had a yummy turkey dinner. I love the fall and I loved conference! I thought the talks were wonderful and were what I have been needing to hear lately. My Progesterone shots also started last night- I think Aaron secretly gets satisfaction out of giving them to me. :) Hopefully this one will be a full-term baby!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, I hope Ryan doesn't read this post. He'll be jealous of that turkey dinner! That looks so good. Look at you being all crafty and cooky! (Cooky=cooking like, not cooky=quirky)

Heidi said...

I sure hope it is a full-term baby too!

Malinda said...

That turkey looks so good! I want to drive down and steal some for a nice leftover turkey sandwich. I guess I will just have to wait for Thanksgiving.

BTW, I just typed up a blog post titled "conference weekend" . . . don't think I am a copycat when you read it. :)

Anonymous said...

That turkey is making me drool. I've always thought it a shame that we don't eat it more often. Good luck with the full term. Wish I was still close to help!

mrs. jar said...

What a neat post. I too love love love conference. It is such a nice refreshing reminder to go and do some good for yet another six months. Thanks for the prayers on my friend's behalf. I don't think you would know her, she is a friend from work. She grew up in Kaysville.

Amanda said...

Fall always puts me in a mood to finish all of my unfinished projects! I'm glad that you were able to have a fun day doing that. I too thought that conference was wonderful. There were so many talks that I needed to hear.
Good luck with the shots! I love Jared, but I don't know that I'd trust him with a needle. ;)

Suzanne said...

Turkey dinner?? Wow, I'm impressed! I made breadsticks (only) that day!

So, what does progesterine do? Make the baby stay in until full-term? Watch...now you'll be a couple of weeks OVERDUE!! :0