Wednesday Zack had an appointment with an immunologist to see if they had any ideas why he is getting sick so often and why he reacts so severely to minor viruses. I can't say that I was terribly surprised with his answer of he's not sure (it seems to be a pattern in our lives). He had several things that he was throwing around, but he wants me to keep an illness journal for the next few months and see if we can find anything that correlates. So basically if in four months things have been the way they have since January then we will go do some more invasive testing and if they have gotten better (fingers crossed!) then we will just bag it and count our blessings. Even though it seems like we often don't have answers when it comes to that boy I'm so grateful for the pediatrician we have, she is amazing!
Yesterday I had another ultrasound and my OB has gone from 80% sure it was a boy to 0% sure of anything. Our modest little baby had it's legs tightly crossed with the umbilical cord going right down the middle. She wasn't sure if she could see a penis anymore so she's now thinking it could be a girl, but the baby just didn't want to show itself. I have my targeted ultrasound with perinatology in 3 weeks so we should hopefully find out then, but for now it's either Gabe or Gabby. On the note of baby names me and Aaron are having a survey about what name you think is worse- Gabe or Dylan?
This is what happens when we forget to turn the chairs over after dinner.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Doctor Appointments
Posted by
Heidi
on
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Sickness is no fun, and from the looks of things you've had your fair share!
I hope you are able to find out what you are having next time, I'm going to guess girl. :o)
P.S. I like Gabe.
looks like my kids climbing on the table, that is what jaci likes to do! Hopefully you can figure out with Zack and all his illnessess!! Good luck with that!!
looks like my kids climbing on the table, that is what jaci likes to do! Hopefully you can figure out with Zack and all his illnessess!! Good luck with that!!
Little stinker baby. Doesn't he/she/it know that you him/her/it to show off his/her/its equipment? Maybe the stubborness is just starting early in this one.
You crack me up with the which one is worse instead of which one do you like better. I think they're both great.
BTW, cute centerpiece and even cuter boys. I'm excited to see them in real life tonight.
Good Luck!! I hope his immunity builds soon! I have the same problem; it's super annoying, and I can't even imagine it being my child! You'll be in my prayers for sure.
bummer you can't figure out what is going on with Zack. As far as name's go, it depends who you know, I used to not like the name Dillon, but then i tutored a boy, with autism, named dylan, for three years, and now that name is very dear to my heart. Can't wait to find out what you are having.
Which is worse? That's a weird question... but I'll play. I like both names, but I think Gabe is a bit more girly.
I know that's a weird opinion, it's probably because our friends have a Gabe which is short for Gabriel (like the angel), which just sounds uber-feminine to me.
Then again the only other name they could agree on other than Gabe was Aslan, like the lion on "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" and a kid named Aslan just doesn't have a chance not to grow up to be a total geek. So I was glad they went with Gabriel.
My point- Gabe is a good solid name. Just don't name him Gabriel.
I actually really like Gabe. And I like Gabriel too! That's exciting that it's still a surprise!
Miss you guys!
I like Gabe better...
If you name him "Dylan" he'll probably be a misbehavin' trouble maker/teacher's nightmare type! :) Dylan is a name that has been ruined for me by association (a boy in my daughter's class) - that happens with a lot of names when you have kids in school, on teams, etc. I also think of the movie, "The Outsiders" (with actor Matt DYLAN) and he was NOT a nice guy in that!!
Also, I loved how the Medical people went from 80% sure to 0% nothing! It gives you so much confidence! (BOTH with ultrasounds and the ability to find all the answers to kid's health problems.) Katelyn was a boy before she was a girl in our ultrasounds, too! :)
Post a Comment