Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fun, Fun, and more Fun!

We started our two days of fun yesterday with my cousin Kealie and her cute kids Jordyn and Jackson. They came down and we went to the park and had a picnic. I have always considered her to be one of my best friends, but it seems like we never get a chance to hang out anymore. We had a great time talking for a good 4 hours while our kids ran around and played.

Jackson was so funny and went and sat on Austin's lap and then decided to take him out; Austin decided he prefers to be the aggresive one!


The boys had a great time riding the dinosaur for a couple of seconds.


Then that evening we went with Nate, Malinda, and their kids to the Dinosaur Park. We had a great time with them and I'm glad we went, but for the money and the amount of stuff you could see in the dark I don't think we'll go again. By total coincidence we both picked Star Wars themes for Halloween costumes so they all looked really cool together. The boys loved the dinosaurs, especially Austin- he kept saying wow and oohing and aahing. I love my boys!


Aaron and I were duds and didn't dress up, but here is our cute Darth Vader and Yoda.


The boys loved these glow sticks that they got there; and there is cute Abby sitting with them and Elise behind them. We got hot chocolate and scones at the end and the funniest part of the night for me was when Elise threw a tantrum because there was slobber on the straw, she is quite the character!


Today we went to the Ute game (8-0 now, GO UTES!). It was hot and during the boys nap time, but they like football so they did great. They've even learned to say football this week and it's so cute because they put a really strong pronunciation on foot. Michelle bored Zack right to sleep which was amazing because they will never fall asleep anywhere but their beds.


Austin wouldn't stop trying to kick and hit poor Uncle Matt, I think because he looks so much like his dad and they love to wrestle with their dad. The highlight of the game was when Austin sneezed after a candy corn had been in his mouth for a good 15+ minutes. There was so much drool that came out with that sneeze that it went all over in Michelle's hair who was sitting in front of us and all over Aaron and Austin. That kid is so funny with how long he will keep food in his mouth!


Then we went to Pack's Pumpkin Patch to find our perfect pumpkins. Aaron and I have been going there since we moved to Farmington and I've been so excited for when we had kids to take there. It wasn't exactly how I had pictured it. I think being in the sun all day, not getting naps and tripping on all of the vines to fall in to pokey things was a bad combination. We didn't stay there long at all because the boys were not having fun!




So we came home and played outside for awhile and the boys found the apple bucket (they are the best apples I've ever had, thanks mom and dad!) in the garage so they helped themselves. They are very independent now, but I couldn't get over how cute they looked eating an apple like that. Austin kept saying apple juice and Zack would take a bite and you could hear him sucking up as much juice as he could, yum!



I love the fall!!

11 comments:

Lori said...

wow. what a busy weekend! what cute kiddos!

Malinda said...

I love the apple pictures!

Thanks for playing with us at the dinosaur park. We agree with you on the cost-to-cool ratio. We already told our kids that next year we are going to try something new.

Sorry that the pumpkin patch was a bust. It makes me feel better about dogging. The picture in the wagon is cute enough to have made it worth your while.

Erika said...

I love the Halloween costumes - so cute! It looks like you had a fun weekend.

It sounds like little baby-to-be is keeping you in suspense with its gender. Hopefully next time he/she won't be shy!

Malinda said...

Somehow I missed the line about Elise's "slobber on the straw" fit the first time. I must have been subconsciously trying to block it out. I'm glad we could be entertaining. :)

LynDee said...

I love the costumes. I love to look at your blog and think of the adventures that I am in for the next year.

Adrianne said...

sounds like a day of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures. I love the costumes and I miss Pack's Pumpkin Patch. So fun.

Jodi B. said...

Looks like a fun weekend. How did you decide who would be evil Darth Vader and who would be the noble Yoda?

Eberle Family said...

Thanks for the fun day. Sorry about the bummer patch.I am excited to see you beautiful boys this weekend. Love you guys.

The Killer Bunch said...

I LOVE the costumes. I haven't been a big fan of halloween & dressing up until I discovered how fun it is to cordinate with Bennett.

Marcae said...

So, I'm a little embarrassed. Kirstin asked me if I knew "Heidi Nelson" and I'm like "that sounds so familiar". It wasn't until she took your pictures this weekend that I made the connection...duh!! Anyway, the pics of your family turned out DARLING. What a cute family you have and congrats on your pregnancy. That's so exciting. Hope all is going well.