Friday, September 25, 2009

Oregon Day 3

We woke up this morning and went to a farmer's market. We were excited to see all of the things Blake had told us about, but it was rainy so it was a slow day at the market. It was still fun to walk around and we got some yummy Oregon hazelnuts.

Then Blake and Aaron headed off to the Utes game (the reason I was able to convince Aaron to go). He said he had a lot of fun and he liked being able to go to that stadium, but it obviously would have been better if the Utes would have pulled out a win.
Kristin and I hung out back at their house and entertained the little ones.
This picture is from the morning when the boys were waiting to leave to the market. Owen was showing them the cool way to watch TV.
Baby Ella-isn't she beautiful!
My little Gav enjoying the freedom of rolling
After the game they took us to Papa Soul's for dinner where we then had the worst dining experience ever. There weren't that many people waiting to be seated before us, but we waited over 1 1/2 hrs to be seated and it took them another 30-45 min to get us our food after we were seated. That right there would have been bad with 5 kids 2 and under, but it got even better than that. Each child had melt-downs and at one point we had all 5 kids crying at the same time. By the end Gavin had grabbed my cup of syrup for my chicken and waffles and dumped it all over my lap and Aaron had a pitcher of ice cold water dumped in his lap. Owen had a full on tantrum and we all left very frazzled. Oh and the food was amazing! We would definitely go back, just without kids.

My original plan had been to go back and have some ice cream pie with them for Aaron's birthday, but after our fun we just put the kids to bed and decided the adults would be the ones to enjoy the pie.
After I was showing Kristin how to crochet some skull caps and I caught the boys having some "guy time".
We ended the night playing Farkle, one of our favorite games to play with them.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Sorry I keep commenting, but reading about all this is making me miss you guys a lot. Did Aaron like Oregon as much as you did? Maybe we can convince him to move up here. Then Blake and Aaron can have as much "guy time" as they like.
P.S. I still feel bad about your kiddos getting sick. Are they feeling better?

Malinda said...

That is the worst dining experience ever! The food must have been amazing for you to enjoy it under those circumstances. What a great day (sans the waiting, meltdowns, and spills).

Katie said...

Sounds like you guys had fun, minus the driving and dining. I hate it when the kids are going crazy...I feel like I can't connect two thoughts together. Crater Lake is gorgeous. Hmm...maybe we'll have to go visit.

Marrelli's said...

Heidi- You guys look like you had a great time in Oregon! I have been to Crater lake and it really is one of the most beautiful things there is to see! Your boys are darling and I wish we could see you guys more often! Hope all is good with your family!

Suzanne said...

Why are they in the bathroom with their laptops? :)

Ashley said...

I'm kind of scared to ask this question considering Blake is sitting on a toilet....but what is Farkle?!

Heidi said...

Farkle is a game played with dice, but I have to say the name is half the fun especially if you play late at night and are tired.
They are in the bathroom because that's the only place they have internet.