Sunday, August 28, 2011

Gavin aka Picasso

After the great days I had with my kids on Monday and Tuesday I was on an emotional high. (Monday- Dinosaur Park with Mandy, Neal, Henry, Abby; Tuesday- This is the Place State Park, Soccer) Apparently Wednesday was the day for it to come crashing down.

We were just getting ready to go to Costco and the library so I took Gavin's jammies off and then went downstairs to put a load of laundry in. When I came upstairs I found poop smeared on Gavin's carpet so I went looking for him. I found him in Zack and Austin's room and carried him in to his changing table where I found him with poop all over his arms, hands, chest, legs and feet. Then I looked over and saw a huge piece of poop on his rocking chair and smeared all over the arms and back of it and the ottoman. Needless to say I wasn't very happy! It took me about an hour and a half to steam clean the chair and the carpet in his room, the hall, and Austin and Zack's room.

While I was cleaning that he went and did something to the computer. So I fixed the computer and went in my room for about 3 min to start folding some laundry when he wondered in my room holding a marker. I took it from him and went to go put it away when I saw marker all over the walls in the hall, the walls in the stairway, the walls and door in the entryway, all over both of the wood floors in the entryway, and on every single stair in our house.These pictures don't do it justice. Look at the bottom step especially in the last picture.

Not only is it red marker, but it's permanent marker. I tried quite a few things to get it off the carpet and walls and nothing works. On the walls it just takes the paint off and the stairs it just slightly lightens it.

We had a carpet cleaning company come yesterday that specializes in red removal and the good news is that they only charged us $70 to do the stairs, hall, and our front room; the bad news is that they couldn't get the marker out. It is lighter, but you can still see it. :(

I don't remember signing up for these kind of days as a mom! I guess you have to have the good to appreciate the bad, right? You'll be happy to know he survived the day and I still after all of that love him to pieces!

7 comments:

Malinda said...

Wow! He did all of that one-handed? Just imagine what he'll be able to do without a cast on.

Sorry. I think if we knew about the bad mom days ahead of time, no one would have kids. :)

Erika said...

Oh my! I don't even no what to say. What a day!

Emily Harkness said...

Okay Heidi,
I have to say that you definitely seem to get it worse than most other moms!!!! Seriously??? Poop smears and permanent marker everywhere???!! All within hours? Maybe I shouldn't jinx myself by saying this, but I don't think I've ever had a "mom day" even close to that bad! Your boys are lucky they are such darn cute stinkers!

Heidi said...

Emily I really hope you haven't jinxed yourself either! Maybe Coy will be your adventurer!

Katie said...

I'm just impressed Gavin is still with us today...hah. It takes a lot of self control when kids are naughty! Don't worry, I'm sure he'll have a child just like him, right? I've already given my boys the curse! :)

Dorene said...

Good thing he's so cute, eh? Did you try a magic eraser on the wall? I've gotten marker off the wall with that before.

Adrianne said...

What a boy you have! Good thing he is a handsome one! I am so sorry. Good luck with them all!!