Saturday, November 26, 2011

Park City

In the middle of November we went up to Park City with my family for 5 days. It was a nice break from real life. We are so grateful to my parents for always inviting us to go up there.

We got up there Friday night and went to dinner with my parents at a place that's name is not worth remembering. Then we went back to the hotel and went swimming. We finished the night off with kids in bed and then we played Dominoes with my parents.

Saturday morning we swam for at least 2 hours and Gavin finally warmed up to the water and released his death grip. I'm so happy he's finally more comfortable in the water (except for the fact that it's terrifying as well!). Then Aaron and I left the kids with my parents and Steve and Mandy (they got there right before we left) and went to the Utah game. It was snowing and freezing cold, but we had come prepared in all of our snow clothes and I was glad! Plus the Utes won so it made it worth any discomfort. :) The kids had fun doing some more swimming while we were gone.

On Sunday we went to church and then Matt and Michelle came. We were going to go tubing on Monday, but since Matt had to leave that night we decided to go Sunday afternoon. It was a bit windy and cold, but otherwise it was perfect and we had so much fun! I know that was a lot of pictures, but I chose that many out of over 400 pictures so I think I did pretty good!

We went swimming again that night and then Gavin decided during dinner that he was done for the day. This little darling decided a few months ago that he was done with naps so now instead he's grumpy during the day and every few days he can't make it through dinner, but isn't he cute!After some bedtime stories with Grandpa the kids went to bed and the adults played some more games. Saturday and Sunday we played the game Bohnanza, it was a lot of fun!

Monday was spent shopping at the outlets and then more swimming. Then unfortunately Steve and Mandy and their kids went home that night.I know this isn't a great picture, but it was very dark in the room. I love how they always have to be touching each other.

On Tuesday we obviously swam some more and then went home that afternoon. We finally decided to take our camera out with us on Tuesday though and got some pictures. Austin was funny and kept jumping in the pool as straight as an arrow. He also was showing us his flipping skills; him and Zack are way more daring than I ever was!Zack flipping and getting some good air.
Gavin showing his jumping skills.

2 comments:

Malinda said...

Silly me to think the swimming would have been in an indoor pool. Seeing snow in the background of those pictures makes me shiver!

It looks like a fun time. I love the boys' necklaces. :)

Jessica said...

LOVE those pictures of the boys! They are growing up so fast! Hope you guys have a happy holidays!!