Saturday, July 31, 2010

4th of July

We continued the tradition and went to the Cherry Days parade with Nate and Malinda. Unfortunately Aaron had to work so he couldn't come with us. Austin and Zack loved it this year and they were even getting pretty good at going after the candy toward the end.
Austin and part of his haul
Zack would get so excited and put his hand over his mouth when he would see firetrucks, policeman, and horses. I kept missing his expression, but here is the end of it.:)
Gavin got to cuddle with Malinda the whole time.
Notice Nate and his tie. His ward was in the middle of a water fight and one of the rules was that nobody could squirt the men if they were wearing ties, he takes things serious. Ben entertained us with his dance moves all during the parade. I love that kid, he cracks me up!
Malinda did all 3 of her girl's hair like this, isn't it so cute! She's pretty amazing!
After the parade we went back to their house for a picnic under the tramp. We're grateful for their cool family!

Then later that night we went to my parent's for some swimming, dinner, and fireworks. All 3 of my boys loved the fireworks! Austin had a running commentary the whole time, we were all cracking up. For the 1st 2 min. he would say 0hhh after every firework like it was the most amazing thing he's ever seen. It was a great night!
That was pretty much the only things we ended up doing for the 4th because the next day is when Aaron got sick. Thank goodness we at least had some fun that weekend!

2 comments:

Malinda said...

Yeah. That's me. Pretty amazing. Ha ha.

I'm glad you guys could come and hang out with us. The parade wouldn't be the same without you.

Here is the funny story about the tie. Two weeks into the game, I got my second target (a 10 year old boy). He had never found out who his target was, so I had to call the girl in charge to find out. Turns out that he had Nate's name. All of that time of wearing ties everywhere with no one really after him. Hilarious to me. Now I have Nate's name. I'm giving him immunity until he takes down everyone else and then I will get him out in the end. :)

Did I already tell you that story? I hope I'm not repeating myself.

Suzanne said...

That hair IS cute - I can't ever get my girls' hair like that since THEY WON'T HOLD STILL & BE CALM/QUIET [without kicking & hitting me too much].

I love the 4th of July holiday and the red/white/blue clothes, etc.

What was all that stuff in your parent's pool? Algae? Does it just grow all winter when it's unused or what? I'm glad you clean it before swimming! :)